Today is my birthday. Each year, I give thanks for one more moment, one more second here on this planet. So, by all accounts, I consider myself a blessed man. Today I am thankful for:
- My wife who continues to love me with a fierce loyalty that knows no ending or beginning.
- My sons who are grateful that I happen to be their father.
- A career that is filled with many affirmations and challenges.
- A life path that is definitely not what I would expect, but for which I am grateful.
- People that I call friends that actually know me and love me in spite of myself.
- A chance to work hard with a goal of achieving a hard earned Doctorate. I set the educational standard for my family.
- Incredible opportunities to share my passion for making music.
- The gift of having amazing teachers in my life who illuminate my spirit with wisdom.
- Hope that continues to motivate me to be the best that I can be.
- Strength for overcoming every obstacle that stands in my path. Here’s to being made whole.
We never know how many years are given to us while we live on this planet. Every blessed day is a chance to make things right; to reach beyond our own understanding. Time is the gift of heaven. Life is passionate, and pain is temporary. We honor each other by the amount of time that we give to one another.
I am grateful for the community around me. It is with these beautiful people that I understand what it is like to be the person that I am created to be. Praise be to God for you, for friends, for community. It is within the recesses of our deepest souls that Christ dwells within us, giving us strength for the journey that lies ahead. Let us travel together, seeking power from the One who strengthens us.